Field Based Project Manager
Date added to site: 22/11/18
Location: Ideally located in the South of England. Although suitable candidates will be considered from the Midlands and surrounding areas
Salary: Competitive, dependent on experience
Contract: Permanent following 6-month probationary period
Hours: Salary based upon 37.5hrs per week. However, non-standard working hours and unpaid overtime will be necessary at times
Holiday: 20 days (increasing by 1 for each full year served up to 25), 8 Statutory, +3 Christmas shutdown
The successful candidate will receive product training and initial support from the Senior Project Manager. The successful candidate will then be expected to work unsupervised after a short period of time.
The main duties and responsibilities of the Project Manager will include, but are not limited to, the full range of Horton automatic door, curtain-wall and screen-work projects.
This will require liaison with the Horton contracts department, manufacturing departments, the clients/customers and installation teams to ensure projects are delivered timely, efficiently and within budget.
In addition, site measuring/surveying and pre-installation site checks will be required.
- A minimum of 5 years industry experience
- Experience in the specification and Installation of automatic door systems
- Experience in specification and site measuring/surveying of automatic door systems
- BS EN 16005 Certification
- Excellent time management skills and the ability to use own initiative to deliver projects in a high pressure/high work-load environment
- This role is field based, therefore appropriate facilities to enable working from home are required – i.e. home office/study (Please Note: Lap-top etc. will be provided by Horton)
- Excellent customer service, commercial awareness and decision-making skills
- The ability to react and deal with project changes swiftly and efficiently
- Willingness to travel, acceptance of non-standard working hours and excellent geographical knowledge of the UK
- Good IT skills – including knowledge of Word, Excel and Microsoft Office
- Thorough knowledge and experience of UK construction sites and associated Health and Safety requirements
- Understanding and experience of risk assessments and method statements
- A working knowledge of AutoCAD
- SMSTS/SSSTS Certification
- CSCS Managers Card
- Health and Safety qualifications
- Good verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to work autonomously and as part of a team with a strong work ethic
- Presentable in appearance
- A CRB check will be undertaken
- Full clean driving licence
You will be provided
- Competitive Salary – Negotiable and dependent upon experience
- Car allowance
- Smart phone
To apply, please email your CV here.