Date added to site: 26/11/18
Salary: Competitive, dependent on experience
Contract: Permanent following 6-month probationary period
Hours: 37.5hrs per week – however, non-standard working hours and unpaid overtime will be necessary at times.
Holiday: 20 days (increasing by 1 for each full year served up to 25), 8 Statutory, +3 Christmas shutdown
The successful candidate will receive product training and initial support from the Senior Project Manager/ Senior Draughtsperson; the successful candidate will then be expected to work unsupervised after a short period of time.
The main duties and responsibilities of the Surveyor/Draughtsperson will include, but are not limited to, conducting site visits to ensure the correct specification and site measuring/surveying for installation projects within the full range of Horton automatic door, curtain-wall and screen-work projects. Provide drawings and support to our customers.
Once the site visits/surveys are complete they surveyor will be expected to complete the appropriate survey return paperwork and submit this for manufacture.
In addition, it will be the Surveyor/Draughtspersons responsibility to highlight any potential issues to the client and Horton contracts department – and ultimately ensure that installation is completed timely, efficiently and within budget.
- A minimum of 5 years industry experience
- Experience in the specification and installation of automatic door installations
- Experience in specification and site measuring/surveying of automatic door installations
- BS EN 16005 Certification
- Excellent time management skills
- Excellent customer service and decision-making skills
- The ability to react and deal with project changes swiftly and efficiently
- Willingness to travel, acceptance of non-standard working hours and excellent geographical knowledge of the UK
- Thorough knowledge and experience of UK construction sites and associated Health and Safety requirements
- Understanding and experience of risk assessments and method statements
- CSCS Card
- A working knowledge of AutoCAD
- SSSTS Certification
- Health and Safety qualifications
- Good verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to work autonomously and as part of a team with a strong work ethic
- Presentable in appearance
- A CRB check will be undertaken
- Full clean driving licence
You will be provided
- Competitive salary – negotiable and dependent upon experience
- Car allowance
- Smart phone
To apply, please email your CV here.