Service Department Manager
Date added to site: 15/11/18
Salary: £30K to £40K basic dependant on experience – however, consideration and flexibility will be given to exceptional candidates.
Contract: Permanent following 6month probationary period
Hours: 37.5hrs per week: a certain amount of unpaid overtime will sometimes be required to fulfil your role.
Holiday: 20days (rising to 25 days after 6 years’ service) + 8 Statutory, +3 Christmas shutdown
Responsible for day to day running of the service department.
- Generally to manage all the functions within the Service department.
- Assist in setting sales and profit budgets – P&L responsibility.
- Set, review and monitor sales targets with the service sales team.
- Ensure repair and service quotations are provided in a timely and accurate manner.
- Oversee the daily planning of the service engineers to cover both planned and reactive maintenance and service visits.
- Plan and set the out of hours on-call rota.
- Participate in and ensure all invoicing is up to date and accurate.
- Liaise closely and support the Contracts Department on warranty calls.
- Liaise closely and support the Accounts Department on invoice queries and financial data.
- Attend management and forecast meetings providing relevant and accurate information.
- Liaise with key customers, suppliers and sub-contractors.
- With direction and assistance of corporate HR help to manage all HR matters within the service department. Including hiring of new staff, disciplinary and other issues.
- With the assistance of the Operations Manager help to manage all aspects of H&S within the service department and ensure compliance with current policy/regulations and future policy/regulations.
- Adhere to the ISO 9001 Quality management system and assist the Operations Manager on quality issues.
- To liaise with purchasing, financial to assist with the accurate and timely planning of all stock and material requirements.
- To undertake any additional reasonable task/request made by the Managing Director.
- Minimum to have successfully completed a secondary education.
- A relevant degree would be advantageous but is not a prerequisite.
- Previous experience within a service department controlling off-site engineers, preferably with electro-mechanical products.
- IT literate with a core knowledge of Microsoft Office products.
- H&S qualification.
- Must be articulate, numerate and literate.
- An understanding/experience of pedestrian automatic doors would be advantageous but is not a prerequisite.
- Must have excellent and proven man management skills.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to lead a team in excess of 25 persons
- Must be able to handle and resolve conflict
- Have a positive can do attitude.
- Presentable in appearance
- A CRB check will be undertaken
- Full clean (preferable) driving licence
You will be provided
- Basic Salary
- Mobile phone & laptop
- Access to the Horton contributory pension scheme
- Out of pocket expenses
To apply, please email your CV to here.